Did You Know...?
- There are 1.65 million U.S. military-connected children. Just under 5,000 military children live in Ventura County.
- A military child will typically attend 6-9 schools during their school career. That’s about 3 times more frequently than non-military families.
- A military family will move an average of every 2.9 years.
For more information about services & support in Ventura County:
Military Family Life Counselor, 805-603-9892.
Due to the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic, MFLCs and Child and Youth Behavioral MFLCs (CYB-MFLCs) will be transitioning temporarily to the provision of MFLC services via a Video Teleconferencing and Telephonic model to continue support to your military community. The provision of a remote offering is the most effective way to protect our MFLCs, service members and their families at this time. We are pleased to announce this temporary capability to provide continuity of care in your local community.
The model of MFLC and CYB-MFLC telehealth is below.
Support for Adults:
- Telephonic and video non-medical counseling
Support for Children and Youth:
- Individual video non-medical counseling sessions for minors age 13 to 17 (parent or guardian must be available at the start of each video session to give parental consent and provide line of sight requirements)
Family video non-medical counseling for minors 6 to 12 years of age (parent or guardian must attend each session)
Contact: Military Family Life Counselor, 805-603-9892.