On August 12th, the Pleasant Valley School District received a notice of possible legal action over its at-large elections. Our governing Board will move forward in a transparent manner.
Southern California Edison has notified us that in response to predicted Santa Ana wind conditions they may cut off electricity service to reduce wildfire risk. Although Camarillo is currently not affected, please check back here for the latest updates.
We will be starting with our main fall Fundraiser. It the SRTMS Obstacle Agility Run (SOAR). We will be using Boosterthon, (click the link for the informational video) and our goal is to raise more than $75,000 for PTO and school programs. Our kick-off assembly will be October 29. Prize levels for the school and the principal's challenge will be announced soon.
Instruction: Now that we have had progress reports come out and most parent conferences are complete, it’s a great time for students to write out goals to accomplish by the end of trimester I, the steps they will take to get there, and ways the will you to measure their progress in meeting those goals. This is a challenging task but one that both parents and teachers can help the students with. Take the time to set a goal or two with your child, and be with them on the journey of success. It is worth the time, regardless of the result.
For 4th – 5th grade, Monday and Tuesday is a minimum day schedule. It’s an 11:55 AM dismissal for students in those grades. Middle school and grades TK-3rd grade are on a regular schedule.
Coffee with the Principal: Coffee with the Principal has been moved to 1 PM (Lunch with the Principal) due to meetings that need to happen Friday morning. Please send any questions to me by Tuesday, so I will have time to gather any necessary information to help answer the questions.
Parking Lot: Please remember to make use of the upper parking lot to drop off students in the morning as well. If only a few families utilize the upper parking lot, it will take the pressure off the lower parking lot and make it safer.
Halloween Parade: Our annual Halloween Parade will take place on Wednesday, October 31st. We encourage students TK-5th grade to dress-up and participate in the parade. Costumes need to be in good taste and appropriate for school. No weapons, guns, wands, or other accessories that may hurt someone are allowed. Costumes should not have blood or gore. Masks can be worn, but only for the parade. The parade will begin at 8:30 AM. I will be escorting the students around the school, and we will finish our parade on the blacktop. Parents are encouraged to be on campus for the parade and celebrate with us.
Trunk or Treat: Trunk or Treat is happening Friday, October 25. The festivities start at 5:00 PM and continues until 7:00 PM.
Spirit Day Friday – We are having a Spirit Wear Friday on October 25. Please wear pink as we show our support in fighting breast cancer.
Hand Wipes – We are in need of more hand wipes for our clean hands program during recess and lunch. If you can donate wipes, please send them to Mrs. Hatch in the SRTMS kitchen.
SOAR – SRTMS Obstacle Agility Run
We will be starting with our main fall Fundraiser. Our kick-off will be in the morning on October 29. It the SRTMS Obstacle Agility Run (SOAR). We will be using Boosterthon, (click the link for the informational video) and our goal is to raise more than $75,000 for PTO and school programs. Prize levels for the school and the principal's challenge will be announced soon.
Rancho Campana Information Night: Rancho Campana is having their information night for prospective students on October 23 or October 24 at 5 PM. They will start taking applications for their lottery on November 1st. If you are considering going to Rancho Campana, it is critical for you to attend this informational night. There are flyers in the office.
Parent Conferences: Fourth and fifth grade conferences continue on October 21 -22. The rest of the school is on a regular schedule.
Parking Lot Reminders: Make sure to park and get out of the car to pick up your child in the upper parking lot.
PTO Afterschool Classes – After school classes continue this week.
Red Ribbon Week – Red Ribbon Week is coming up October 28-October 31. The general schedule is below.
October 28 - Jersey Day (Kick out drugs!); Positive Choice Pledge; Eagle Pride in Cups on Fence.
October 29 - Decades Day 1970s-2000’s (Drugs are old news. Keep healthy to stay up with the times.)
October 30 - Wear Red Day (Drugs Are Rediculously Bad!)
October 31 - Halloween (Scare away drugs and have fun with your friends.)
Optimist Writing Contest – in class only throughout the week.
Middle School Sports
Football: Football game on Monday at home and an away game Wednesday (3:30 PM start time.)
Volleyball: Games at PVSEA on Tuesday and Thursday. Practice on Monday and Wednesday.
Cross – Country: We will have practice on Monday and a meet Thursday.
1. If you have a missing item, ordered socks or problem with your spirit wear order, please email Jonathan at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please send information about SRTMS associated Veterans for this year's Wall of Service, see attached format. An email with a scanned copy of a photo and details in the email with the subject line Veteran to email@example.com PLEASE send only a copy of your photo in case the photo is lost or damaged.
3. Scholastic Book Fair is October 21 to 25. Volunteer opportunities are still available: https://santarosapto.membershiptoolkit.com/volunteers_needed or go to srtmspto.com and look for the Programs Tab and click Volunteer Opportunities.
4. Fun Run is November 7. Check out the PTO site for details: https://santarosapto.membershiptoolkit.com/fun_run or go to srtmspto.com and look for the Fundraising Tab and click Fun Run.
5. STEM night is Friday, November 15. Volunteers are needed. https://santarosapto.membershiptoolkit.com/volunteers_needed or go to srtmspto.com and look for the Programs Tab and click Volunteer Opportunities.
6. More spirit wear ordering and new items will be announced soon.
7. Save the date: November 8 is the Veterans' Day observance. Please invite veteran family members and neighbors. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org the number of guests and any mobility accommodations by November 1. Do you have a Veteran in the family? Send an email to email@example.com and ask how the Veteran can be recognized on a special wall inside the MPR on November 8.
8. CAO is coming look for next week's emails for details.