Pleasant Valley School District
Staff Development Center
600 Temple Avenue, Camarillo, CA
Meeting Dates for 2018/2019:
August 10, 2018 (Special Meeting)
August 22, 2018
September 19, 2018
October 24, 2018
November 28, 2018
December 19, 2018
January 23, 2019
February 27, 2019
March 20, 2019
April 30, 2019
May 22, 2019
June 26, 2019
Additional dates are to be determined.
The Personnel Commission:
The Merit System is a form of civil service specifically designed for school employees who do not require a teaching credential to perform their jobs.
- Became effective in PVSD on December 1, 1966, as a result of a vote of the district’s employees.
- Provides for the open competition for public school jobs.
- Selection, retention and promotions based on merit determined through examination related to the essential functions of the job.
- Employees should not be dismissed arbitrarily and can appeal disciplinary action taken by the Board of Trustees to the Personnel Commission.
- Maintain classification plan based on duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain pay plan based on “like pay for like service.”
- Maintain Merit System rules and regulations.
- Investigate and hear appeals from disciplinary actions.
- Maintain a plan for evaluating employees.
Approved Minutes of Personnel Commission Meetings:
Judy Willson Chairperson, Appointed by Commissioners
Ms. D. Val Rains Member, Appointed by the Service Employees' International Union (SEIU)
Vickie Bratcher Vice Chairperson, Appointed by the Board of Trustees