Pleasant Valley School District
Staff Development Center
600 Temple Avenue, Camarillo, CA
Agenda for the Regular Meeting on December 19, 2018
Meeting Dates for 2018/2019:
August 10, 2018 (Special Meeting)
August 22, 2018
September 19, 2018
October 24, 2018
November 28, 2018
December 19, 2018
Additional dates are to be determined.
The Personnel Commission:
The Merit System is a form of civil service specifically designed for school employees who do not require a teaching credential to perform their jobs.
- Became effective in PVSD on December 1, 1966, as a result of a vote of the district’s employees.
- Provides for the open competition for public school jobs.
- Selection, retention and promotions based on merit determined through examination related to the essential functions of the job.
- Employees should not be dismissed arbitrarily and can appeal disciplinary action taken by the Board of Trustees to the Personnel Commission.
- Maintain classification plan based on duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain pay plan based on “like pay for like service.”
- Maintain Merit System rules and regulations.
- Investigate and hear appeals from disciplinary actions.
- Maintain a plan for evaluating employees.
Approved Minutes of Personnel Commission Meetings:
Judy Willson Vice Chairperson, Appointed by Commissioners
Ms. D. Val Rains Chairperson, Appointed by the Service Employees' International Union (SEIU)
Vickie Bratcher Member, Appointed by the Board of Trustees