Keyboard/10-Key Certificate Information
Keyboard and/or 10-key calculator certificates are required for some clerical and accounting classifications. Check the job posting for the minimum speed required. You may scan a copy of the certificate and attach it to your application; however, the original certificate must be presented to the Human Resources Office for verification by the testing date or entry to the examination may be denied.
The following agencies provide keyboard or calculator tests:
- Simi Valley Adult School - Business & Technology Dept. 805-579-6200 ext. 1720
- Ventura Unified School District – 805-289-1744 ext. 1219
- County of Ventura - 2901 N. Ventura Road, Oxnard, 805-204-5171
ON-LINE KEYBOARD OR 10-KEY CALCULATOR CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
Requirements for Certificates:
- All candidates must provide certification of typing speed from a recognized test center, issued within one year from the date of the application filing deadline.
- A copy of the certificate may be scanned and included with your application; however, an original certificate must be submitted by the testing date. Any applicant without an acceptable certificate will not be admitted to take the examination.
- An acceptable certificate must state a timed typing test duration of 5 minutes, the gross number of words/strokes per minute, less errors, and the net words/strokes per minute.