Substitute teachers are a valued asset and play an integral role in the education of our students. The recruitment for substitute teachers for the 18-19 School Year will begin in August 2018 and a posting will be opened on the EdJoin website at that time. Thank you.
How do I become a substitute teacher?
- Become qualified. All substitute teachers must either posses a valid California teaching credential OR hold a bachelor's degree and have passed the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
- Submit an application. You may apply during our recruitment period via EDJOIN. Our recruitment period is typically August through December of each year
- Monitor your email. You will be contacted if selected to substitute teach.
- Current substitute compensation is,
- Regular Day Rate $125.00
- Long-Term Rate (21 Days) $140.00
- Extended Long-Term (91 Days) Step 1, Column 1 Teacher’s Salary Schedule
Resources for Substitute Teachers