Volunteer Process:Community and parent volunteers are important to Pleasant Valley School District. We value their service and the contribution they make to the district's schools. In order to keep our children safe, the District will conduct a screening before any volunteer is placed in a position where he or she may be left alone with a student.Depending on the type of volunteer work performed the process varies:
- Print, review, and sign the Volunteer Agreement Form and Volunteer Application Form.
- Return completed forms to the building where you will be volunteering.
- The forms will be forwarded to the Human Resources Office and processed.
Volunteers as Coaches & Coaches Process:Human Resources Office will notify the Administrative Assistants when the screening process is complete. The process can take up to two weeks to complete. If you have questions about volunteer and coach screenings, contact Human Resources Department, at (805) 389-2100 Ext. 3, then Ext. 7 or Email: HumanResources@pleasantvalleysd.org
PARENTS/VOLUNTEERS MUST DO THE FOLLOWING TO COACH:
1. Site sends volunteer/parent to HR to complete the hiring packet:
2. Complete a “Volunteer Application Form” MUST have administrator signature.
3. Valid Driver’s License
4. Fingerprints- DOJ and FBI Live Scan Service Application (Fee of $75)
5. Freedom from Tuberculosis Verification. Proof of TB test taken within last 6 months.
6. CPR Red Cross/ American Heart Association Certification Renew 2 yrs.
7. FIRST AID Certification Renew 2 yrs.
8. HEADS UP CONCUSSION TRAINING (free): Print certificate and bring to HR https://headsup.cdc.gov
9. SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST TRAINING (free): Print certificate and bring to HR. Renew 2 yrs https://nfhslearn.com/courses
* All documents MUST be turned to HR & approved before working with students without a certificated employee present*
EMPLOYEES MUST DO THE FOLLOWING TO COACH:
1. Site informs the staff that coaches are needed. Offer current staff an opportunity to coach.
2. Submit a RFP for a coach, include stipend amount & when it will be paid, timeframe and email staff name to HR.
3. HEADS UP CONCUSSION TRAINING (free): Print certificate and bring to HR https://headsup.cdc.gov
4. SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST TRAINING (free): Print certificate and bring to HR. Renew 2 yrs https://nfhslearn.com/courses
5. Once HR notifies school employee may start and is paid with a stipend using a timesheet.