With regard to Coronavirus/COVID-19, PVSD continues to actively monitor the situation and is taking steps to maintain a safe learning environment for our staff and students. This page will provide you with the latest updates and resources to support your family in staying healthy and safe. You can view the current status of active and recovered cases by clicking on the PVSD COVID-19 Dashboard graphic below.
Last Updated 1/22/2021 | 4:30 PM
Latest Updates Marked with **
Communications from Pleasant Valley School District
- **Weekly Update 1/22/2021
- Weekly Update 1/13/2021
- Weekly Update 1/08/2021
- Weekly Update for 12/18/2020
- Important School Update 12/16/2020
- Update Regarding Reopening of Schools 12/11/2020
- Update Regarding Reopening of Schools 12/4/2020
- PVSD Student and Parent Handbook of Protocols 10/25/2020
- PVSD Safe Reopening and Recovery Plan (School Board Approved 7/30/2020) (Updated Plan As of October 15, 2020)
- Framework For Re-Opening Ventura County Schools
- Covid-19 Industry Guidance: Schools and School Based Programs by CDPH
- Stronger Together: A Guidebook for the Safe Re-Opening of California's Public Schools by CDE
- COVID-19 Health Services Recovery Plan Resource for Educational Settings
- Child Care Resources for Essential Workers in Ventura County
- Employee Guides for Remote Work and Leave
- Economic Impact Payments: What You Need to Know Flyer
- Leave During Stay At Home Guide
- FFCRA Employee Rights - Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave
NEED INTERNET ACCESS AT HOME? CHECK OUT THESE RESOURCES!
Below are some great resources for low-cost internet solutions to help families stay connected.
Please note that PVSD does not endorse these providers or their services directly.
Families are responsible for researching the proper solution for their needs.
STUDENTS: HAVING A TECHNICAL ISSUE WITH YOUR DEVICE?
Your first step is to contact your teacher or principal.
They can try to help you or enter a support request to get your device swapped out.
- Device swaps are available on Tues/Thurs by appointment only.
- Your teacher or principal will give you information for how to make an appointment once your device swap is approved by the technology staff.
- Important: Damaged Chromebooks must be turned in with their charger. The replacement device will likely be a different model than the one you turn in.
Medical Information from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- General Information
- How it Spreads
- Prevention & Treatment
- Coronavirus vs Influenza Fact Sheet
Pandemic Response Protocol
- COVID-19 Reopening and Response Protocol
- Reapertura Escolar Y Protocolo De Prevencion Y Respuestas De COVID-19
Guidance from the CDC, California Department of Education (CDE), California Department of Health (CDPH) and Ventura County Public Health (VCPH)
- VCPH COVID-19 Update (03/13/2020)
- Declaration of Local Health Emergency (3/12/2020)
- VCPH Press Release - Declaration of Local Health Emergency (3/12/2020)
- CDPH Gathering Guidance (3/12/2020)
- "Novel Cornavirus (COVID-19) and You" Fact Sheet (CDC)