With regard to the current Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak, PVSD is actively monitoring the situation and taking steps to maintain a safe learning environment for our staff and students. This page will provide you with the latest updates and resources to support your family in staying healthy and safe.
Last Updated 6/5/2020 :: 5:00 PM
Latest Updates Marked with **
LATEST UPDATE ON SCHOOL CLOSURES:
All PVSD schools will be closed for the remainder of the 19/20 school year.
Communications from Pleasant Valley School District
- **PVSD Weekly Update (06/05/2020)
- Community Letter from Dr. Ramsey (06/01/2020)
- Notice from Administrative Services Regarding Well-being Resources (05/01/2020)
- Notice from Educational Services Regarding COVID-19 Grading Policies Grades TK-5 (04/24/2020)
- Notice from Educational Services Regarding COVID-19 Grading Policies Grades 6-8 (04/24/2020)
- Distance Learning Protocols for Students and Parents (04/09/2020).
- Compulsory Education in the Distance Learning Environment (4/8/2020)
- Notice Regarding School Closure for Remainder of 19/20 School Year
- Employee Guides for Remote Work and Leave
- Economic Impact Payments: What You Need to Know Flyer
FOOD SERVICES REMINDER
*****Food Service Schedule Change for Week of May 25th Only*****
PVSD continues to offer bi-weekly meal pick-up service. Meals are available for pick-up on Mondays and Thursdays from 11am-1pm,
with the exception of the week of May 25 when meal pick-up service will take place on Tuesday and Thursday due to the Memorial Day holiday.
75 Calle La Guerra
Pleasant Valley School of Engineering & Arts
700 Temple Avenue
3535 Village at the Park Dr.
Monday meals include:
3 days worth of breakfast and lunch per child
Thursday meals include:
2 days worth of breakfast and lunch per child
Any child 18 and under can receive free meals; no eligibility is required.
For questions, please call 805-445-8679.
NEED INTERNET ACCESS AT HOME? CHECK OUT THESE RESOURCES!
Below are some great resources for low-cost internet solutions to help families stay connected.
Please note that PVSD does not endorse these providers or their services directly.
Families are responsible for researching the proper solution for their needs.
STUDENTS: HAVING A TECHNICAL ISSUE WITH YOUR DEVICE?
Your first step is to contact your teacher or principal.
They can try to help you or enter a support request to get your device swapped out.
- Device swaps are available on Tues/Thurs by appointment only.
- Your teacher or principal will give you information for how to make an appointment once your device swap is approved by the technology staff.
- Important: Damaged Chromebooks must be turned in with their charger. The replacement device will likely be a different model than the one you turn in.
Medical Information from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- General Information
- How it Spreads
- Prevention & Treatment
- Coronavirus vs Influenza Fact Sheet
Pandemic Response Protocol
Guidance from the CDC, California Department of Education (CDE), California Department of Health (CDPH) and Ventura County Public Health (VCPH)
- VCPH COVID-19 Update (03/13/2020)
- Declaration of Local Health Emergency (3/12/2020)
- VCPH Press Release - Declaration of Local Health Emergency (3/12/2020)
- CDPH Gathering Guidance (3/12/2020)
- "Novel Cornavirus (COVID-19) and You" Fact Sheet (CDC)
- PVSD Weekly Update (05/29/2020)
- PVSD Weekly Update (05/22/2020)
- PVSD Weekly Update (05/15/2020)
- PVSD Weekly Update (05/08/2020)
- Notice from Dr. Ramsey Regarding Distance Learning and Grading (04/17/2020)
- Distance Learning Update from Educational Services (04/10/2020)
- Community Update from Dr. Ramsey (04/03/20)
- Distance Learning Update from Educational Services (English & Spanish) (03/27/2020)
- Employee Notice Regarding Coronavirus (English & Spanish) (03/18/2020)
- COVID-19 Extended School Closures (English & Spanish) (03/18/2020)
- COVID-19 Update and School Closures (English & Spanish) (03/13/2020)
- Notice from Food Services Regarding Meal Options During Closure (03/13/2020)
- Social Distancing Parameters from Superintendent Ramsey (03/12/2020)
- Employee Notice Regarding Coronavirus (03/12/2020)
- CDPH - CDE School Guidance (3/7/2020)
- Distance Learning Plan (English & Spanish) (03/05/2020)
- Updated Notice Regarding Coronavirus from Superintendent Ramsey (03/05/2020)
- Advisory on Social Distancing (03/03/2020)
- Notice Regarding Coronavirus from Superintendent Ramsey (02/28/2020)
- Updated Advisory from VCPH (02/04/2020)
- Advisory from VCPH (02/03/2020)
- California Department of Managed Health Care Waiver of Cost Sharing Letter
- California Insurance Commissioner Letter Regarding Screening and Testing