Advisory is a 30 minute period offered at Monte Vista four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday) where students have the opportunity to gain support for their learning in real time. Advisory takes place after lunch and students are able to take advantage of the following activities:
- go to a teacher's classroom for additional support regarding the day's lesson
- work on current homework, upcoming projects, or study for tests
- organize materials (agenda book, backpacks, binders)
- meet with club advisors to address weekly deadlines
- read and focus on literacy skills
- view Toro News Station (TNS) weekly broadcasts and remain knowledgeable and up-to-date with campus life
Advisory period also offers the flexibility for teachers to pull small groups and support students who need time in a small group setting for additional practice on key content standards. Students have the ability to re-take quizzes and tests and improve their grades after re-teaching "mini lessons."
Our goal at Monte Vista is to support every learner and provide them with maximum access to the education.