Welcome & Classroom Information
Dear students and parents,
We will be using Zoom for distance learning starting next week. Please review the infomation below. More information will be coming from the District.
Email me with questions at: email@example.com. I'll do my best to answer your questions. Be well everyone. We will come out the stronger.
I have scheduled live Zoom meetings every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00am to 10:55am, starting Tuesday, March 31. This will be my primary means of teaching. At this point, it's the one I'm most comfortable with. Tuesdays I will focus on ELA. Thursdays I will focus on History. Below is the information (I think) to join the meetings. In addition, my office hours are Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 11:30am to 12:00 noon. I think that I will send out a Zoom meeting invitation through Google Classroom. Office hours are for questions, extra support, just checking in...I'm pretty open, but this will not be time for covering new material. Please email me anytime you have a question or concern
- you should attend both sessions if you are in both ELA and history, to learn the new material; Tuesdays will focus on ELA and Thursdays on history
- microphone needs to be on MUTE when entering the classroom; will be helpful to have headphones
- raise your hand in the participants screen to ask a question; however, I will need to teach the lesson first
- do not talk to each other during class
- treat this the same as you would during class (dress appropriately: no eating; keep distractions to a minimum)
- office hours will be a more relaxed atmosphere with more time for reteaching and questions; these will be 3 times/week for 30 minutes; it is not required to attend
- my office hours will be Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 11:30am to 12:00 noon.
https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html Scholastic is offering learn at home support if you would like to check it out. They will also deliver orders directly to your home, I believe without a delivery charge.
Stay home and stay healthy,
*** Parent connect link: https://pvsd.vcoe.org/parentconnect/
Need a book to read? Scholastic Books is offering home delivery when you place an order, and audible has a 30-day free trial. Students can also access books through Overdrive on their chromebooks.
About Ms. Corwin
Originally from St. Louis, Missouri, I have lived in Camarillo since 1990, and I began working part time at Las Colinas in 1993. My two sons, Adam and Michael, both attended Las Colinas, and today are all grown up and have successful careers. One is still in Camarillo and the other lives in Portland, Oregon. Charlie, my cat, and Nikki, my dog, live with me here in Mission Oaks. My interests include traveling, reading, and the Green Bay Packers. Go Pack Go!