7th and 8th Grade ART: Two and Three Dimensional Design
Hello Artists! Or should I say "Hi Kids!?"
I miss seeing your faces everyday in Art class. I miss watching you create amazing works of art and I often find myself thinking about the funny things you did and said. I can't wait until we get back to our normal routine, but until we do we'll be creative at home. I have learned a lot about online teaching, but have a lot more to learn. I look forward to hearing from you during my home office hours starting Wednesday, April 1st. You can reach me by creating a Google doc and sharing with me or by email every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday between 10:30-11:00 am. You can also contact me this way anytime just to say "hi" and let me know how you are doing.
I hope you had fun trying the posted optional assignments on Google classroom. For next week, there are two Nature Drawing assignments that include short videos. These can all be done at home with the supplies you have. Remember that a pencil drawing is a beautiful thing, especially if you keep your pencil sharpened. You can use colored pencils, markers or even watercolors if they are available.
Here are the class codes to access online learning:
Period 1 pnc7wvg
Period 3 wwiowdn
Period 4 lniztt4
Period 5 msnrqog
Period 6 hatkew6
Art is a yearlong elective class where students:
- Develop artistic skills and self expression using a wide variety of materials.
- Become familiar with the artwork of many major artists, both masters from the past and contemporary artists.
- Use and recognize design principles (emphasis, proportion, movement, rhythm, balance, unity and variety) and art elements ( line, shape, form, color, texture and space ) and discover how they contribute to the quality of their art work.
- Respond to art with an increased understanding and appreciation by developing art criticism and aesthetic skills.
- Reinforce knowledge of the historical importance of various cultures and historical periods, often creating works inspired from the same regions studied in 7th grade History classes.
First Semester: Two-dimensional design
drawing- techniques to improve skills while using pencil, charcoal, colored pencils, pastels and markers.
painting-watercolor, tempera, acrylic, India ink
collage-cut and torn materials (new and recycled) pasted to a surface
Second Semester: Three-dimensional design
sculpture- cardboard, wire, mobiles
printmaking- relief printing: linoleum block carving
crafts- bookmaking, baskets, ceramics, weaving