Welcome & Classroom Information
7th Grade ART: Two and Three Dimensional Design
Art is a yearlong elective class where students:
- Develop artistic skills and self expression using a wide variety of materials.
- Become familiar with the artwork of many major artists, both masters from the past and contemporary artists.
- Use and recognize design principles (emphasis, proportion, movement, rhythm, balance, unity and variety) and art elements ( line, shape, form, color, texture and space ) and discover how they contribute to the quality of their art work.
- Respond to art with an increased understanding and appreciation by developing art criticism and aesthetic skills.
- Reinforce knowledge of the historical importance of various cultures and historical periods, often creating works inspired from the same regions studied in 7th grade History classes.
First Semester: Two-dimensional design
drawing- techniques to improve skills while using pencil, charcoal, colored pencils, pastels and markers.
painting-watercolor, tempera, acrylic, India ink
collage-cut and torn materials (new and recycled) pasted to a surface
Second Semester: Three-dimensional design
sculpture- cardboard, wire, mobiles
printmaking- relief printing: linoleum block carving
crafts- bookmaking, baskets, ceramics, weaving