FALL CONFERENCE SIGN-UPS: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0A4FAAAF23A20-fall
Welcome to 4th Grade at Santa Rosa Technology Magnet School. I am excited to join the elementary team and am looking forward to a great year. This will be my 4th year teaching at SRTMS, but my 18th year teaching in Pleasant Valley School District, and I am happy to be back after a fun-filled summer.
As a teacher, I strive to provide a safe and stimulating environment with many rich opportunities for learning. My goal is to help students learn how to take responsibility for their own education. As such, I expect both students and parents to take an active role in the learning process.
A little bit about me...
- Prior to coming to SRTMS, I spent three years on special assignment in the Curriculum department, where I coordinated the gifted and talented program (GATE) and assisted with the transition to the new California State Standards for Math and Language Arts.
- I became a Google Certified Educator in May 2015.
- I started teaching in PVSD in 2000, but started my career in Simi Valley Unified School District.
- I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Arts, with a concentration in Music, from California Lutheran University (1994). I also completed the Teacher Credential program at CLU (1998).
- I play the flute and graduated from Los Angeles County High School for the Arts with a major in instrumental music. I have played in several local orchestras and also on several records. Although I am not currently playing professionally, I continue to practice and perform when I have an opportunity.
- I live in Camarillo with my husband and two boys, ages 11 and 15. We spend our evenings and weekends at sports practices and games...primarily soccer (Camarillo AYSO), baseball (Camarillo Warriors/THF), and volleyball (SMBC VC/Camarillo High School). We also enjoy travelling and enjoyed a trip to Lake Tahoe this summer. We love to get to Dodgers and Lakers games whenever we have a chance.
Homework is assigned for Word Study, Math, and Reading most days. Students write their homework assignments in their agenda books. The listing of assinments on this website is updated frequently, but may not reflect last-minute changes.
Regular homework assignments are due the following day. Long-term assignments will have specific due dates and parents will be notified of those projects in advance.
Grades are tabulated at the end of each trimester. This means that every trimester (approximately 13 weeks) students have the opportunity to start fresh on their grades. Students may request to see their grades during breaks or after school, and I ask that any student requiring grade verification for sports or other activities provide me with the form at least 24 hours in advance. Parents are encouraged to use ParentConnect to monitor student progress. Please note: While I do my best to enter assignment grades within 48 hours, it may take up to one week for individual assignments to be updated.
Assignments will be weighted in the final grade according to the following PVSD scale:
Contacting Mrs. Fisher
I welcome the opportunity to communicate with both students and parents regarding academic progress. To preserve confidentiality, I will not discuss student progress during class time. Students may arrange to meet with me privately during breaks or after school when necessary. Parents and/or guardians may contact me regarding their student in several ways:
E-Mail: This is the most efficient method of contacting me. My e-mail address is email@example.com
Phone: Call the school and leave a message during school hours. I will return your call as soon as possible. The school phone number is (805) 491-3822.
Note or Letter: This is the least efficient method of contact due to inherent problems with the “Backpack Express.” Students often misplace or forget notes to/from the teacher. If you have sent a note to school and I have not responded within a reasonable amount of time, please call.