Welcome to 4th Grade at Santa Rosa Technology Magnet School. I am excited to return with the elementary team and am looking forward to a great year. This is my 5th year teaching at SRTMS, but my 19th year teaching in Pleasant Valley School District, and I am happy to be back after a fun-filled summer.
As a teacher, I strive to provide a safe and stimulating environment with many rich opportunities for learning. My goal is to help students learn how to take responsibility for their own education. As such, I expect both students and parents to take an active role in the learning process.
A little bit about me...
- Prior to coming to SRTMS, I spent three years on special assignment in the Curriculum department, where I coordinated the gifted and talented program (GATE) and assisted with the transition to the new California State Standards for Math and Language Arts.
- I became a Google Certified Educator in May 2015.
- I started teaching in PVSD in 2000, but started my career in Simi Valley Unified School District.
- I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Arts, with a concentration in Music, from California Lutheran University (1994). I also completed the Teacher Credential program at CLU (1998).
- I play the flute and graduated from Los Angeles County High School for the Arts with a major in instrumental music. I have played in several local orchestras and also on several records. Although I am not currently playing professionally, I continue to practice and perform when I have an opportunity.
- I live in Camarillo with my husband and two boys, ages 12 and 17. We spend our evenings and weekends at sports practices and games...primarily baseball (Camarillo Warriors/THF/Camarillo Tropics), and volleyball (Rise Volleyball Club/SMBC VC/Camarillo High School). We also enjoy travelling and enjoyed a trip to Lake Tahoe this summer. We love to get to Dodgers and Lakers games whenever we have a chance.