Welcome & Classroom Information
Materials needed daily for class:
- Chromebook brought to class and charged
- Science: science workbook
- Math: textbook and workbook
- 3-ring binder (3 inches thick)
- Filler paper-college or wide ruled
- 2 black or blue pens. (SHARPIES AND OTHER PERMANENT MARKERS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON CAMPUS)
- 2 or more sharpened pencils. Mechanical pencils are acceptable, but must have the lead
- personal pencil sharper that holds shavings
- colored pencils (12-24 set)
- tissue boxes
- hand sanitizer
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is May Ly and I teach 7th grade Science and 6th grade Math. This will be my 16th year teaching in the Pleasant Valley School District. I am very happy to be part the wonderful team of teacher here at Monte Vista Middle School! I earned my Bachelor's Degree from California State University of Northridge and my teaching credential from CSUN's Accelerated Collaborative Teacher Education Program (ACT Program).
I grew up in Alhambra and moved to Camarillo in 1998. I live in Camarillo with my husband and our sons Mason and Leo. When I am not teaching I enjoy traveling, watching movies and spending time with my family. I look forward to getting to know you and I know this will be a fantastic year!