With regard to the current Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak, PVSD is actively monitoring the situation and taking steps to maintain a safe learning environment for our staff and students. This page will provide you with the latest updates and resources to support your family in staying healthy and safe.
Last Updated 9/11/2020 : 4:00 PM
Latest Updates Marked with **
Communications from Pleasant Valley School District
COVID-19 and Reopening for 20-21 School Year
- **PVSD Update: New Family and Community Survey and Office Hours 09/11/2020)
- Updated Family Website, Re-Engagement Plan, and State Guidance 08/28/2020
- PVSD Update: First Day of School, Tech Help, Food Service and More (08/20/2020)
- PVSD Update: Middle School Schedules, Tech Distribution, Attendance and more 08/14/20
- PVSD Update (Distance Learning Webinar, DLA, and Waiver Info) 08/06/2020
- Update on Reopening Plan and Approved Calendar (7/31/2020)
- PVSD Safe Reopening and Recovery Plan (School Board Approved 7/30/2020)
- Framework For Re-Opening Ventura County Schools
- Covid-19 Industry Guidance: Schools and School Based Programs by CDPH
- Stronger Together: A Guidebook for the Safe Re-Opening of California's Public Schools by CDE
- COVID-19 Health Services Recovery Plan Resource for Educational Settings
- Update: Reopening Plan, Calendar, and Survey on Student Supervision Need 07/24/2020
- Update and Information on Distance Learning 07/17/2020
- PVSD Reopening Plan Update 07/16/2020 and Ventura County Office of Education News Release 07/16/2020
- PVSD Reopening Task Force Update 07/10/2020
- Child Care Resources for Essential Workers in Ventura County
- Employee Guides for Remote Work and Leave
- Economic Impact Payments: What You Need to Know Flyer
- Leave During Stay At Home Guide
- FFCRA Employee Rights - Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave
NEED INTERNET ACCESS AT HOME? CHECK OUT THESE RESOURCES!
Below are some great resources for low-cost internet solutions to help families stay connected.
Please note that PVSD does not endorse these providers or their services directly.
Families are responsible for researching the proper solution for their needs.
STUDENTS: HAVING A TECHNICAL ISSUE WITH YOUR DEVICE?
Your first step is to contact your teacher or principal.
They can try to help you or enter a support request to get your device swapped out.
- Device swaps are available on Tues/Thurs by appointment only.
- Your teacher or principal will give you information for how to make an appointment once your device swap is approved by the technology staff.
- Important: Damaged Chromebooks must be turned in with their charger. The replacement device will likely be a different model than the one you turn in.
Medical Information from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- General Information
- How it Spreads
- Prevention & Treatment
- Coronavirus vs Influenza Fact Sheet
Pandemic Response Protocol
Guidance from the CDC, California Department of Education (CDE), California Department of Health (CDPH) and Ventura County Public Health (VCPH)
- VCPH COVID-19 Update (03/13/2020)
- Declaration of Local Health Emergency (3/12/2020)
- VCPH Press Release - Declaration of Local Health Emergency (3/12/2020)
- CDPH Gathering Guidance (3/12/2020)
- "Novel Cornavirus (COVID-19) and You" Fact Sheet (CDC)